- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Laboratory Instructor—Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at American University of Sharjah (AUS) invites applications for the position of Laboratory Instructor commencing in Fall Semester 2021. The successful candidate is expected to prepare lab materials in consultation with the faculty, provide laboratory instruction to students, and contribute to the continuous improvement of lab course materials.
- Provide instruction in laboratories related to academic programs in computer science and computer engineering.
- Work with faculty to develop lab materials for experiments.
- Closely administer lab activities and provide timely feedback to faculty.
- Supervise students in a professional manner and grade lab assignments.
- Assist students in senior design project activities.
- Complete other service duties as assigned by the head of department.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or a related area.
- Excellent skills in the Java programming language. including collections and multithreading.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Excellent skills in using Node.JS/Express or similar server-side technologies.
- Experience with NSQL databases like CouchDB or MongoDB.
- Experience with cross-platform web-application platforms like Cordova/Ionic.
- Familiarity with cloud-based platforms like AWS.
- Experience in interfacing sensors and actuators to microcontrollers.
- Good skills in programming with C.
- Familiarity with the UML notation and OO design.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and maintaining lab equipment.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience (in academia or industry).
- Knowledge of basic networking and network device configuration.
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written).
Applicants should fill out an application form and upload the required documents (PDF) using the following link. The required documents are a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae (including a teaching statement, and names of at least three references who would be willing to write letters of recommendation). The position is open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.