- Contact Us
- Apply Now
18 AUS students receive athletic scholarships
Eighteen outstanding student-athletes at American University of Sharjah (AUS) were awarded athletic scholarships for Fall 2015 at a ceremony held at AUS on Thursday, October 8, 2015.
Dr. Moza Al Shehhi, Dean of Students at AUS, along with other AUS senior officials, was present during the ceremony and congratulated the students on their achievements.
"We are proud of our student-athletes' achievements in local and international sports competitions. The university extends its support to highly skilled athletes so that they may pursue their academic endeavors at AUS," Dr. Al Shehhi said.
The Athletic Scholarship winners are as follows:
- Men's Soccer Team: Hakeem AlHashash, Khalid Ahmed
- Men's Basketball Team: Mohamad Chohayber Zaydan, Yousef Mousa Yousef Shatat
- Women's Basketball Team: Hams Nageib
- Cricket Team: Mohammed Umar Shaikh, Syed Hammad Hussain
- Men's Volleyball Team: Amer Imam, Raees Rizwan Women's Volleyball Team: Sarah Aldosary, Noor Chehayber
- Men's Swimming Team: Talmir Ishmukhametov, Taher Amr Arafa
- Women's Swimming Team: Danya Khafaga, Cyndi Faber
- Men's Badminton Team: Akhil Pradeep Powerlifting Team: Mohamed Reza
- Women's Table Tennis Team: Shahdan Barakat
The scholarship program aims to encourage, improve and develop sports at the university and consists of up to a 50 percent tuition remission. The scholarship aims to support the student-athletes who have limited financial resources and who demonstrate athletic excellence as well as outstanding sports qualities.