- Study at AUS
- Life at AUS
AUS students elect their council president, representatives
American University of Sharjah (AUS) students convened at the university's Student Center to take part in the student council elections for the academic year 2018-2019 on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. Candidates vied for 13 elected offices that represent the university's diverse and multicultural student body.
The AUS Student Council serves as a voice for the student body and works directly with the university administration. It aims to initiate programs and projects that cater to the demands of the student body as well as promote leadership and teamwork.
The voting followed week-long electoral activities in which candidates canvassed for votes. The students elected to the Student Council for 2018-2019 are:
- Maryam Khalid Al Qasemi-President
- Baraa Mohamed Elgamal-Vice President
- Hilal Fayiz Alshar-Vice President for Public Relations
- Ayesha Ali-Executive Secretary and Office Director
Community Outreach Committee:
- Tarek Bilal Knio-Events and Activities Coordinator
- Manal Mohamed Machou-Athletics and Sports Coordinator
- Jawaher Ahmed Alhamidi-Communication and Media Coordinator
- Khalid Osman Elhussein-Student Organizations and Campus Services Coordinator
Board of Colleges, Schools and Academic Programs Representatives
- Janah Mouallem-College of Arts and Sciences Representative
- Aashish Ben Rajesh-College of Architecture, Art and Design Representative
- Dania Sudqi Jallad-School of Business Administration Representative
- Rawan Mohab Mangoud-College of Engineering Representative
- Maram Mhd Nazir AlDahabi-Achievement Academy Bridge Program Representative
Congratulating the students, said Dr. Moza Al Shehhi, Dean of Students, said:
“We have many enthusiastic students eager to represent their peers in the best interest of the students and the university. The whole process, from nominations and campaigns, all the way up to the final day of the elections, is a gratifying experience for our students. It helps enrich their skills in planning, organization and public speaking, among others. We are very happy to see our students express strong interest in enhancing student life at AUS. I wish the new Student Council elect a fruitful and successful year ahead.”
The Student Council election was organized by the AUS Office of Student Affairs.