- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Popular AUS computing camp goes online
At the end of each semester, high school students eagerly await the American University of Sharjah (AUS) High School Computing Camp. The latest edition of this camp will be offered online and will be free of charge for participants as the university continually accommodates the need for distance learning.
The camp, which will be held July 11–16, will offer high school students an opportunity to learn about engineering design and innovation through six days of fun activities and competitions. An educational and entertaining event, the camp is offered by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at AUS and is targeted at UAE resident students in grades 10–12.
During the camp, students will engage in a series of experiments and hands-on activities related to various topics in computer science and engineering. Students will also explore new grounds of science and develop essential skills necessary for their future university life.
Speaking about the online version of the camp, Dr. Fadi Aloul, Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at AUS said:
“Our online computer camp will have all the elements of our past in-person camps and will give students the opportunity to utilize their time properly during their summer break. During the week-long camp, we will use online simulators to teach and underline the impact of computer science and engineering in today’s world. The camp will also help participants develop their soft skills as they will work in teams. It is a great way for students to spend part of their summer break, and all participants who complete the camp will receive an electronic Certificate of Participation.”
The camp will cover a number of topics including:
• Programming in Python: algorithms, variables, control and conditional statements, loops.
• Smart Home Development: Programming IoT devices and basics of building a smart home.
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): Introduction to AI and ML with practical examples.
• Mobile Application Development: Basics of building mobile apps.
• Games Development: Basics of games development using Scratch.
• Computer Networks: Basics of building and configuring a computer network.
• Digital Systems Design: Boolean logic principles, basics of building a computer and accompanying skills.
The registration deadline for the camp is July 4, 2020. Interested students are asked to enroll early as seats are limited. For registration and more information, students can visit: www.auscse.com/camp.